Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Having Fun with Dance Lessons

At the risk of sending my dear Pa into convulsions of laughter or possibly shock I am going to put this right out there..

I'm taking Pole Dancing Lessons :)

Now that you've got back in your chair don't get the wrong idea, there is no stripping going on :p - This is Fitness Pole, I'm dressed in a t-shirt and leggings and working up a sweat. It is enormous fun, I might have two left feet and currently lacking anything that can be termed as grace let alone sexy I am slowly getting better. I'll be
heading off to lesson #5 in a few minutes and figured I'd let all 2 of my readers know what's going on.

From a fitness aspect it is already proving to be pretty awesome, I burn about 300 calories per hour's lesson according to my BMF and judging by how much pain I was in last week (first week) it is certainly hitting some muscles. I'll be bringing the kettlebells back into play once I can actually get through a full week of classes (Mon-Thurs) without crippling myself.

Eating is my let down at the moment but I stocked up on veggies on the last shopping trip and am going to get back to actually cooking instead of snacking on packaged food even if it is organic or 'healthy' products. Fasting is still the aim of the game although occasionally like today hubby will spring lunch on me. I kept mostly behaved at Logan's with some grilled tilapia and veggie skewers. I did have one of their rolls though.. and I celebrated a friends birthday this afternoon with a slice of chocolate cake. It was stunningly good enough to warrant every calorie so I have no regrets there, I will just keep supper fairly light.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how did I miss this.....
    I have never thought of you dancing outside of a mosh pit but with my sense of rhythm who am I to comment?

    Hmmm I'm you Pa ... I can get away with anything (well almost).

    I'm just worried, first the strappy heels, now pole dancing, what looked like makeup; where is this leading, a back job opportunity at the Harlow Bada Bing if things don't work out ;-)

    Hell kid, if you enjoy it and it helps shed the pounds and aids the fitness go for it.

    Love & hugs,
    Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you! I looked for you at PN and your log sent me here! How fun! Pole dancing! Glad to see you're still enjoying a healthy lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pa: hey, gaining new life skills are important you know :p

    @Kirsten: !! Good to see you hun :) I'm going to come poke my nose in the PN logs and try and catch up with folks. I've seen several old names I recognise already :)

    ReplyDelete