Monday, February 14, 2011

This is why we are fat..

When I was a kid we'd get easter eggs and one would always dream about it being solid chocolate. Of course it never was, it was always hollow, invariably with a little packet of the real candy tucked inside inside. And yet still enough chocolate to make you suitably sick and satisfied by the time you finished.

But Hershey had to go and do it didn't they. 

I have a giant hershey's kiss sitting on my desk from my boss. And it's not a hollow shell, filled with a packet of little kisses. It's one solid 7oz monstrosity of chocolate. 

And you can't break it up, you just have to gnaw chunks off of it. (Do not try and get sensible here like hubby did with suggestions of a serrated knife, this is a woman and her chocolate we are talking about)


And yes Dad, I know Hershey's sucks, but until you start sending me regular Galaxy care packages then I have to make do with what I got :p
As a child I would have been absolutely delighted. As an adult I am in 2 minds. In one I get to gleefully gnaw my way through this giant hunk of chocolate and thoroughly enjoy it. 

And in the other I am sad as this is just yet another obvious proof on why obesity is in general a problem. My husband ordered a plate of chicken strips at Cheddars the other day. We swear that at least 4 chickens must have given their lives for the single plate of food they placed in front of him.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, I can relate! There was one day this winter that hubby and I hit a restaurant. I was starved... had been distracted and literally not eaten more than 600 calories over two days.

    So I ordered an appetizer in addition to the meal. Mistake! It was large enough to be a small meal by itself. Worse, hubby decided, even though he wasn't particularly hungry, to order an appetizer for himself. THAT appetizer was even larger, it came in an enormous basket. Fried mushrooms.

    We should have just canceled our dinner orders, but no, we plowed on through a good chunk of the food anyway. Sigh. Won't make THAT mistake again!

    ReplyDelete