Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Snack Pack Score

So my current eating habits have revolved around Intermittent Fasting of the daily kind. This basically boils down to no breakfast, small lunch and a happy me sized dinner that doesn't make my brain implode at the unfairness of such a minuscule portion as happens when I used to eat 5 times a day.

Generally this keeps me happy but I spent half the weekend ravaging my kitchen for whatever it was I was craving and eating way too much in the process.

After the second pot of sugar free jello mousse (great little snack packs by the way - 60 calories in a little pot of heaven) that normally quash any such craving but this time being totally useless in that regard I found a fruit cup in the back of the fridge.

I pondered it, up till now they had been ignored. Purchased for hubby at some time or another which typically puts food out of my mental range. I don't eat his food, he mostly doesn't eat mine. It's a good system for us that means he can buy his junk and I don't eat it. I just mentally treat it like a house mates food (totally off limits) unless I ask. He knows me well enough to typically say no *laugh*

Anyhow, I ate it since it had been there for a month or so. It was perfect, and then I realised I hadn't bought any fruit recently. So I ended up at brookshires for my lunch break and stocked up on some humongous peaches, bunch of granny smith apples, tub of pineapple and my score of the week: 100 calorie snack packs of wholly guacamole.

Avocado's are a fruit too!! hush :p

Anyway, I love avocado but suffer from the once you pop you can't stop attitude and will eat a whole one without blinking. So this fits the bill beautifully. And I can stick it in my lunch bag.

Omm Nom Nom.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment