Tuesday, September 7, 2010

And we're back

Seems blogger has done a wonder on updates in the last couple of years. Not that I am much of an active blogger but hey, never hurts to start again :)

So, I've lost some weight running around the lower 160's these days, picked up my kettle bells again as of last night and decided to move back to England...

Hubby wants to explore the world, to experience a new culture and generally get out of Dodge. I can't blame him. I want to as well and I don't think we are going to do it with our current life.

I could write so much here, the why's the wherefore's but it simply boils down to we aren't happy with the american dream, it's not all it's cracked up to be. We need some passion in our lives, something more fulfilling than a 'good job' that means we are stressed out of our brains whilst simultaneously being stuck behind a desk. I love the people I work with, they have treated me so wonderfully but the job itself has burned me out somewhat.

So back to England we go, me to work with my family. Hubby to explore various avenues and figure out what he wants to do when he grows up :) I hope that one day it is to come work with my family too, I'm not putting any pressure on him there.

In the mean time, we have a house to fix up and sell, packing and sorting to wade through and numerous other  hurdles to overcome that seem a whole lot harder than when I did it the other way around exactly 8 years ago  this weekend. I also am continuing down my journey to find that flat belly I have been dreaming about for so many years.

So this blog will be a recording of that journey and the move we make that I hope one day we look upon and say 'this was the best thing we ever did'. I hope my only regret to be that we didn't do it sooner.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, moving back to England! Well, that's exciting news... but I'm thinking moving back overseas with kitties isn't going to be the easiest thing. I moved cross country twice with ONE cat... and he was a very good and mellow boy, but still, it wasn't easy.

    I definitely recommend sorting out anything you don't want to take with you and letting it go before moving. It's always kind of nice to arrive in a new place without old "baggage". Anyway, take it a bit at a time, so it doesn't get overwhelming. Fixing up the house should burn a fair few calories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly we will not be taking the kids. It's the most painful part of this decision but I don't feel it is fair to them to put them through that much stress and it will also be very expensive. Airlines get real strict about the exact type of crate you have to use. From my rough research it was going to cost something in the regions of 800-1k per cat by the time you took in vaccinations, crates, airline fees etc.

    We will be rehoming all of them. Which makes me very sad, but I feel in the long run will be fairer. They have a 2000sq ft house here with a 1/2 acre yard to play in. We'll be lucky to get something that is about 500 sq ft and no yard in the UK and we'll be moving in with Mum to start off with and she has dogs.

    Oh trust me, sorting has already begun. I had to do that when I moved over here the first time. It sucks fitting your entire life into a 1 meter square box. We'll be going back with a bit more as I am not giving up my king size bed. That is the only piece of furniture we are taking though. We have worked out we can take all our major electronics though (TV, Receiver, surround sound, consoles, computers etc) Power converters are a lot cheaper these days thankfully and the cost of shipping is far less than what it would cost to replace them.

    I am looking forward to the fresh start though. New home, less junk etc.

    As for fixing up.. whew, I have to post up my garden pics.. yeah we burned a phew :)

    ReplyDelete