Friday, October 3, 2008

Meh..

I guess the happy claims of 'I never get sick' were finally noticed by the powers that be and they decided to set me straight. Bleugh. Thank goodness for pseudoephedrine. When I feel like utter crap and just wanna crawl under a rock and die this stuff makes me feel pretty much human again. I still got the sniffles much to my poor spouses annoyance but I don't feel like death warmed up.

Not working out with this going on and not fasting either, comfort eating is probably not helping things but screw it, I can diet when its over. Last workout was wednesday which was circuit training, excellent session too. John had given us a stern talking to about putting in max effort. I feel like I usually do but with that in mind I managed to pull some extra reps or keep the speed up on some parts where I probably would have stopped for a breather or slowed down a bit before.

I was real proud of my kettlebell clean and press. I usually struggle with the 12kg bell but that night I powered that sucker up 8 times on each arm without stopping. On the way home was when my ears started popping and by the time I went to bed I had dug out the nyquil already.

We bought a new chair for hubby last night which of course meant good fun and games for the kitties while he built it. Kai is definitely a cat who does not know the meaning of fear. She'll stand there while things are being yanked out and dropped all around her and she just sniffs them. Everyone else scatters but she just stands there saying 'what's this? new toy?' Then again she also plays with my vacumn cleaner. If I want to vacumn where she is sitting I have to shove her out of the way with the vacumn, she finallys shifts her butt with a look that says 'I was moving anyway'. We know she isn't deaf.. she just doesn't care. And that's when she is trying to swat it as I move it around.

3 comments:

  1. Bestill my heart, is this the same Morkai from the PN forums? I'm glad I found your blog! :) Long time no... type. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara!!!

    It is indeed, I have missed your stories about velcro boy *grin* Glad to see you still about, congrats on the pending new arrival also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better! I can't stick to any diet when I am sick. But mostly I am not hungry then, so it doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete