Tuesday, October 28, 2008

mmm stewed prunes

Well Mum recommended a quick recipe to help my system out with this iron supplement. 

I have to say as far as 'medicine' goes this was freakin delicious. 

I got organic unsulphured apricots and some prunes. Place equal amounts in a pan and add fresh orange juice to about 3/4 up the fruit. Heat on low for 15 mins or so stirring regularly. All the OJ pretty much vanished into a thick syrup around the apricots and prunes. I also added some mulling spice I found (cinnamon, all spice and cloves)

The resultant stodge was absolutely wonderful. I proceeded to add it to a bowlful of oatmeal with banana protein powder and I also threw in a bunch of blueberries. Yum :)

This was dinner this evening. Lunch was a bad choice, tried a new burger wrap at o'charlies. Lots of veggies (lettuce, pico de gallo, and jalapenos) and a nice wrap but the burger was pretty sucky. Was too much too especially for breaking a fast on. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment