Monday, October 27, 2008

Health stuff

Went to class tonight. First day back in 3.5 weeks sucked but I made it through it. Standard ladies class, so 20 mins warmup, 20 mins technique and 10 mins of rolling. Didn't think I was gonna make it through the rolling without losing lunch but ended up doing okay :)

Today is also a fasting day so only 2 meals.

Breakfast: 1 cup of Post Great grains raisin, date and pecan cereal with 2% milk
Lunch: kinda homemade chicken soup - creamy wild rice soup base (packet mix), add roast chicken, corn and mushrooms. 1 dannon 0%Plus yogurt smoothie and a pecan and cherry balance pure protein bar. 

Drinks: water, coffee, green tea, powerade zero during class

Won't be bothering with the balance bars again, I was attracted by the all natural, no preservatives claim. Wasn't that good though. I'll stick to my organic trail mix I made. Also gonna dump the smoothie, it was low fat/low cal. I'll go back to my probiotic yoghurts from yoplait though. They taste better. 

Found an organic dried dates, apples, raisins, apricot and cranberries trail mix and added organic sunflower seeds & pine nuts. I threw some walnuts in I had left over too. those were the only non-organic item. Yummy, healthy and no bloody almonds *bleugh* No sulphur covered fruit either which does indescribably bad things to my digestive system. Actually not so bad for me as for the poor people around me. *sigh*


1 comment:

  1. When I was sick back in January 2007 for an entire month, just walking a little afterwards when I got back to exercising sent my heart rate soaring WAY HIGHER than it normally would!

    So it's not surprising your class felt sucky! But you'll do better real quick as your body adjust back to the normal routine.

    ReplyDelete