Monday, October 27, 2008

Update

Life has been quiet recently I must admit. I finally got over my flu/viral thing when my fever broke after 10 days. That sucked.

Since then I have just been having arguments with my iron supplement. Lets just say my digestive system is not appreciating it and is making it known. Suffice to say not many workouts going on.

I did start fasting again last week. Started on Monday am at 180.2lbs (81.7kg for my English brethren) we dipped down to 175lbs (79.3kg) and sidled back up to 177.8 (80.6kg) this morning. Considering the 3 glasses of wine this weekend and a bad restuarant choice on Friday that was expected. It is still a net loss of 2.4lbs (1kg) for the week so I am a-ok with that. :)

Gonna try and workout this week, wish me luck :)

On to life, we went to the Celtic festival this weekend which was kinda cool. Heard some good music from the live bands while we browsed the stalls. Not much to buy but we picked up a cool dagger (hubby loves his weapons) and I got a Celtic fairy wing poncho, if your lucky photo might be forthcoming on Friday (we have a Halloween party and I will probably be drunk enough to be daft enough to stand in front of a camera). We also picked up a cool decorative towel (6' x 3') with enormous cool looking dragon. I'll get pictures once we hang it. Not sure how long it'll take the cats to destroy it but we'll find out.

That evening we went to a local MMA (Mixed martial arts) fight that my Jiu-Jitsu club put together. I say local.. this was a big deal, we had people from as far as California come and fight and the main event was one of the Gracies themselves which, if you are familiar with the history of Brazilian jiu-jitsu will understand, was a huge honour. I've never been one for live fighting before but I actually enjoyed myself at this event. I guess it is different when you have friends fighting and you can cheer them on. And cheer I did, my throat was definitely sore the next day :)

Hubby and I finished off a lazy Sunday by playing Little Big Planet together, this is a new game for the PS3. Platform puzzle games taken to a whole new and very cool level. Suffice to say I am still not very good at them especially with 3 glasses of wine down me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment