Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Weirdness

So I missed last nights bjj class because by 5pm I was exhibiting all the signs of an oncoming respiratory infection which plague me now and then. Cold, dizzy, slight fever, headache, sinus ache, ears popping and all those other wonderful symptoms. So instead of trying to go to class I just went and bought more catfood and headed home. By the time I went to bed I felt fine, this morning I feel fine.

How does one get sick and throw it off in the span of 8 hours? I love my constitution, really I do, but that is just weird.


Speaking of weird, more cat stories for you. We, like most people, used to keep a cup by the sink in the bathroom. Our eldest, Mune, decided one day that this was going to be her drinking container of preference. She never did like her water dish. Put a glass of water down and within 3 seconds you could guarantee she'd have her head in it drinking your water like she hadn't had any for a week. As we gained more cats they saw this trick and thought it was a good idea. In the end we had three cats fighting over the cup in the bathroom while you were trying to clean your teeth. So my hubby took away the cup declaring that they needed to learn to use their own water dish. That was about 6 months ago.

Kai in the mean time became a faucet kitty and would curl up in the sink and wait for you to turn the tap on. Willow would go so far as to lick up any toothpaste leavings in the sink if she got to it before Kai curled up in it.

This morning hubby walked in to clean his teeth this morning to Kai in the sink, Willow sitting beside her and Mune on her old perch on the back of the toilet (where we would usually put the cup for her). They were all looking at him expectantly. He finally relented and went and got their cup.

I in the mean time was feeding Anya and Inara. Anya seems to think the world is coming to an end in the morning and that she is starving to death. I've never seen a cat who is free fed (they have dry food down all the time) dive into their food so bad, she is such a greedy little bugger. She'll growl at anyone who comes near the bowl, even puts her paw over the bowl so they can't get a nose in the edge and then proceeds to try and bury whats left when she has had enough, kinda hard on ceramic tile, she trys hard though.

Inara is definitely coming out of her shell and even joined us for breakfast of her own accord. Still growling at everyone else though.

Gotta love em :)

1 comment:

  1. When I was a kid... I had the measles for like one day. Never really felt all that sick and next day, I felt well again. Go figure.

    I know what you mean about the cats, Tablet is ready to chow down in the mornings... he looks like he is just scooping the stuff in his jaw, i.e. he sort of opens his mouth and pushes it through the kibble to fill up. I've never seen a cat eat as fast as he does!

    My husband says he needs a new nickname... Scoop is the one that sticks, but he also suggested "Gaping Maw" after watching Tab eat.

    ReplyDelete