Thursday, September 18, 2008

Did my circuit training last night, was a rep workout which is cool but not as much running as normal. Was feeling decidedly peculier afterwards so not sure I have quite thrown off this infection. I get the feeling it is just lurking.

At least that is my excuse for pulling a total girly on the way home. I had to stop and get gas(petrol) and the stupid machine was being petulant about giving me a receipt so apparantly I was a bit distracted. On the way home I was making fun of this idiot cause he kept honking his horn at every stoplight. Wasn't till a bit further on I went to change lanes and on looking in my side mirror realised my petrol cap was open.. *sigh* I pulled in to the advance auto parts store parking lot as I had a sneaking suspicion that the crappy bit of plastic that holds the cap was not enough to withstand 40 mph traffic. Sure enough it was completely missing. So withdrawing rude insults at aforemention not so much idiot I went into the store and admitted my own idiocy to the nice chap behind the counter. He hooked me up with a new cap and we had a good chat about cultural differences. Having a british accent is sometime's a blessing and a curse. I get some interesting conversations sometimes.. and others that leave me going .. Huh?

Lady: Where are you from?
Me: England, just north of London. Moved here 3 years ago. (this was a while back now)
Lady: Oh cool.. So did you speak English when you moved here?
Me: Uhh... M'am.. I am English.
Lady: Yeah.. but did you speak it?

The mind boggles.. I made my excuses and left fast.. I still wonder what on earth she is under the impression that English people speak if it isn't English.

No comments:

Post a Comment