Monday, August 4, 2008

First Steps

Not quite first steps I guess, I have been dieting my whole life pretty much, I was the fat kid at school, the one sneaking Mars Bars when no one was looking and finding every excuse under the sun to get out of PE lessons.

Now I am 30 years old, and while I discovered, after moving from my English homeland to the United States, that my weight (180lbs @ 5'4) was considered almost 'normal' in comparison to the average American I am still not happy.

I want to be fit, I want to be healthy and above all, I wanna look good nekkid *grin*

I have been a avid follower of John Berardi and his Precision Nutrition program for the last 18 months and while I haven't exactly made any startling progress I have learned a whole lot about me, how I tick and I have drastically cleaned up my eating. I no longer live on junk, my main intake is healthy whole foods, lots of vegetables and lean meats. My lack of success has been due to weekend slipups and not enough exercise.

Thanks to a recent recommendation I was introduced to Intuitive Eating. This book has seriously turned around the way I am looking at food. I have been following it's principles for 2 weeks now and while I slipped up this weekend and fell back into old habits it has been an interesting experience. The slip whilst annoying did teach me a few things and I am going into this week with a clearer mindset on what it means to eat intuitively instead of gorging on candy and Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches (damn that small weakness).

So having learned a bunch of stuff what am I doing?

Workouts:

Diet:

  • Healthy whole foods
  • Limited processed foods.
  • Controlled carb intake, whilst still making up about 30% of my daily intake starchy carbs are limited to post workout. Gotta earn them. The rest of my carbs come from lots of vegetables and some fruit.

I will be posting my diet and workouts here on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment